Michele Kaido Schwent
Michele Kaido Schwent is full-service Jefferson County Missouri general practice lawyer. She is a 1977 graduate of the University of Missouri School of Law.
Historically speaking, few women became lawyers prior to Ms. Schwent entering law school. Her law school class essentially doubled the number of female attorneys who had graduated from the University of Missouri School of Law prior to that time. Although female lawyers were not common when Ms. Schwent entered the legal field, she never had any doubt that it was the career she wished to pursue. It is a career that permits her to help her clients, a career she relishes to this day.
Not long after becoming an attorney, she returned to Jefferson County, Missouri, where she was one of the first four women lawyers in the county. Shortly thereafter, she became the first woman to start her own law practice in Jefferson County, when she opened her own law office on Festus Main Street in 1978.
Prior to attending law school, Ms. Schwent earned her Bachelor of Science Degree in Public Administration from the University of Missouri in Columbia, Missouri.
Mrs. Schwent is licensed to practice law in the State of Missouri, before the United States District Court in both the Eastern and Western Districts of Missouri, and before the U.S. Supreme Court.
She has over 43 years of experience in the general practice of law and has experience in a very broad spectrum of legal fields. For more information about the sort of cases handled by this law firm, please review the Areas of Law Practice page of our web site.
Mrs. Schwent’s office is currently located at 1401 Truman Blvd., Suite 1 in Festus, Missouri, in the heart of Jefferson County, conveniently off of Interstate 55.
Mrs. Schwent is a proud member the following organizations:
- Jefferson County Bar Association
- Jefferson County Women’s Bar Association
- Missouri Bar Association
- Missouri Bar Family Law Section
- Missouri Bar Alternative Dispute Resolution Committee
- Missouri Bar Elder Law Committee
- Missouri Bar Gender and Justice Committee
- Missouri Bar Property Law Committee
- Licensed to Practice in all Missouri State Courts
- Licensed to Practice in U.S. Federal Courts
- Licensed to Practice before the U.S. Supreme Court
- National Association of Profession Women